120 Volt Fan Wiring Red Wire Black White Blue
Brown blue and green stripe wiring is actually more common around the world than our black white and green.
120 volt fan wiring red wire black white blue. If there is an extra red wire you should get a reading of 120 volts when you touch the terminals of the tester to the red and white wires. For wires that will be 120 208 or 240 volts the following wiring color standards are used. Red or orange can also be used as a second switched power wire in a 120-volt application.
By applying power to the wires in the right way you can easily switch the output rate of the motor with a toggle switch. In the midst of a ceiling fan replacement and have come across a wiring issue. In two-speed electric motors these wires are generally colored red white and black.
Black Blue Brown Green White W2 U2 U2. The new fan is a mid-level Home Depot type with a lighting element. A single-pole single-throw switch such as a light switch.
They are most commonly found in residential buildings. If the ceiling fan does not have a light then the red wire and the blue wire may be capped off using a wire nut. The hot wire in a 120-volt residential AC circuit usually is coated with black insulation while the return or neutral wire is white.
According to NEC a black or red wire must be used as an ungrounded conductor or hot wire. Typically when there is a red wire at the ceiling fan box it is connected to the blue light fixture wire of the ceiling fan. No wire with any of those colors can be used for establishing a ground or neutral connection.
During installation of the ceiling fan this white wire should be attached to the other neutral wire of the house wiring. Being the main hot wire the primary function of the black wire is to provide current to the fans motor. When measured with respect to the white neutral wire the red wire carries the same 120-volt current that the black one carries making the voltage across these two hot wires 240 volts.
- 1989 Fzr 1000 Wiring Diagram
- 1989 Ford F 150 Fuel Pump Wiring Diagram
- 1990 4 3 Chevy Tbi Wiring Diagram
- 1989 Polaris 250 Atv Wiring Diagrams
- 1989 S10 Headlight Switch Wiring Diagram
- 1990 300zx Wiring Diagram
- 1989 Toyota Camry Antenna Wiring Diagram
- 1989 Gmc Sierra Alternator Wiring
- 1989 Toyota Pickup Wiring Harness
- 1990 Buick Lesabre Wiring Diagram
- 1989 Jeep Wrangler Wiring Schematic
- 1989 Ford F 250 Sending Unit Wiring Diagram
- 1990 Bmw Wiring Diagram
- 1990 Acura Integra Fuel Wiring Diagram
- 1989 Ford Ranger Tail Light Wiring Diagram
- 1989 Ford F 150 4 9 Tank Fuel Pump Wiring Diagram
- 1990 Cherokee Bendix Wiring Diagram
- 1989 Lincoln Town Car Radio Wiring Diagram
- 1989 Honda Accord Ignition Wiring Diagram
- 1989 Ford Bronco Ii Wiring Diagram